Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Accountant | Cornerstone Service Center | Mission Viejo, CA
at Ensign Services
Ensign Services, Inc. ("ESI") seeks a talented and energetic Accounting Professional to join our rapidly growing Accounting team and play a key role in the growth and development of businesses across several of our service offerings. The position will be located in Mission Viejo, CA, with occasional travel to other offices in the Western U.S.
As part of our Accounting Resource group, you will be a key member of a visible, accessible and dedicated service team in a rewarding and high-energy work environment. You will share responsibility for supporting field and Service Center personnel, helping them to function at peak efficiency and work in compliance with applicable laws.
About the Company:
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the dynamic healthcare services field today, serving over 236 long-term care facilities , 49+ home health and hospice agencies, and other affiliated entities with over 30,000 employees in sixteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
About the Position:
We work in a close knit atmosphere and provide our employees with an outstanding work environment. The responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with all accounting requirements under U.S. GAAP, including the adoption and application of new accounting standards and establishment of accounting policies and provide suggested implementation plans.
- Document the application of accounting research by drafting memos for complex transactions, such as joint ventures, subsidiary equity plans, unique revenue arrangements and new accounting standards.
- Work with other professionals including leadership from M&A, and HR, Legal and Operations to address any accounting and finance related issues and developments.
- Work closely with accounting and finance and other non-finance teams in addressing day-to-day business activities and associated accounting implications.
- Effectively communicate U.S. GAAP transactions to tax accounting teams to ensure proper treatment for tax provisions and income tax returns.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7 Years of Experience in a Corporate and/or Public Accounting with Big 4 required
- CPA required
- Extensive history of researching and applying accounting standards
- Able to quickly convert technical research, interpretation into practical solution
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Strong communication and presentation skills - verbal, written and schedules. Ability to work closely with remote team members and coordinate multi-location teams.
- Ability to Plan, prioritize, and multitask
Ensign offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive base salary. The long-term success of this individual will only be limited by his/her performance.
Position Type: Full-time, Employee
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D Insurance Plans, 401(k) with matching contribution, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Ensign Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pre-employment criminal background screening required.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.